Find Us Online

Monday, April 06, 2009

Holy Monday, 10 a.m. Stronsay

Today, High Mass was celebrated in Stronsay at 10 a.m.
by Father Anthony Mary, F.SS.R.

In the tone of the prophecy the priest chants the Lesson from the prophet Isaiah: [Is. 50:5-10]

I have given my body to the strikers, and my cheeks to them that plucked them: I have not turned away my face from them that rebuked me, and spit upon me.

Dóminus Deus auxiliátor meus, ideo non sum confusús:
ideo pósui fáciem meam, ut petram duríssimam, et scio,
quóniam non confundar.

The Lord God is my helper. Therefore I am not confounded;
therefore have I set my face as a most hard rock,
and I know that I shall not be confounded.

Incensum istud a te benedictum ~ May this incense, blessed by Thee
ascendat ad Te, Domine: ~ ascend before Thee, O Lord,
et descendat super nos misericordia Tua. ~ and may Thy mercy descend upon us.
May my prayer be directed O Lord, as incense in Thy sight, the lifting up of my hands as an evening sacrifice. Set a watch O Lord before my mouth: and a door round my lips: that my heart may not incline to evil words: to make excuses in sins.

O Sweetest Lord Jesus Christ, I implore Thee, pierce the very marrow of my soul with the delightful, health-giving dart of Thy love, with true, tranquil, holy, apostolic charity, so that my whole soul may ever languish and faint for love of Thee and for desire of Thee alone. –St. Bonaventure


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...